The Computational Biology group is the youngest Â at IMSc and consists of an enthusiastic group of faculty, post-docs and students who work on a variety of interdisciplinary topics. Various members of the group work on a diverse range of topics from biomolecules and active membranes to regulatory genomics and infectious disease modelling.
The current research interests of the computational biology faculty are in the following broad areas.
- Active matter systems: Gautam Menon, Sitabra Sinha
- Biological Network modelling: Areejit Samal, Rahul Siddharthan, Sitabhra Sinha
- Dynamical systems: Sitabhra Sinha
- Infectious disease modelling: Gautam Menon, Sitabra Sinha
- Regulatory genomics: Rahul Siddharthan
- Mechanobiology: Gautam Menon
- Neuroscience: Sitabhra Sinha, Gautam Menon