- Complex systems and networks
- Nonlinear dynamics and applications to pattern formation
- Systems biology
- Computational neuroscience
- Statistical mechanics and applications to social & economic phenomena
- Mathematical epidemiology
- Computational linguistics
- Ph.D., Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata (1998)
- M.Sc. Physics, University College of Science, University of Calcutta, Kolkata (1994)
- B.Sc. Physics (Hons), St Xavier's College, Kolkata (1992)
- Professor H, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai (2014 - )
- Professor G, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai (2009 - 2014)
- Reader F, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai (2004 - 2009)
- Fellow E, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai (2002 - 2004)
- PPISR Research Fellow, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (2001 - 2002)
- AHA Postdoctoral Associate, Division of Cardiology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York City (2000 - 2001)
JNCASR Research Associate, Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru (1998 - 2000)
- V. Sreenivasan, S. N. Menon & S. Sinha, Emergence of coupling-induced oscillations and broken symmetries in heterogeneously driven nonlinear reaction networks, Scientific Reports 7, 1594 (2017).
- A. S. Chakrabarti & S. Sinha, "Hits" emerge through self-organized coordination in collective response of free agents, Physical Review E 94, 042302 (2016).
- V. Sasidevan & S. Sinha, Co-action provides rational basis for the evolutionary success of Pavlovian strategies, Scientific Reports 6, 30831 (2016).
- R. Singh, S. N. Menon & S. Sinha, Complex patterns arise through spontaneous symmetry breaking in dense homogeneous networks of neural oscillators, Scientific Reports 6, 22074 (2016).
- P. Seenivasan, S. Easwaran, S. Sridhar & S. Sinha, Using skewness and the first-digit phenomenon to identify dynamical transitions in cardiac models, Frontiers in Physiology 6, 390 (2016).
- V. Sasidevan & S. Sinha, Symmetry warrants rational cooperation by co-action in social dilemmas, Scientific Reports 5, 13071 (2015).
- S. Sinha & S. Sridhar, Patterns in Excitable Media: Genesis, Dynamics and Control, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2014.
- R. Singh, J. Xu, N. G. Garnier, A. Pumir & S. Sinha, Self-organized transition to coherent activity in disordered media, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 068102 (2012).
- S. Sinha, A. Chatterjee, A. Chakraborti & B. K. Chakrabarti, Econophysics: An Introduction, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2010.
- R. K. Pan & S. Sinha, Collective behavior of stock price movements in an emerging market, Phys. Rev. E 76, 046116 (2007).