- Cell-Membrane Active Polymers
- Dynamical and Structural Properties of Water
- Globular and Membrane Proteins
- MSc University of Hyderabad
- PhD Louisiana State University
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania
- Faculty, IMSc, 2006-Present
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Protein Structure
- Statistical Mechanics
For Full Publication List: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=DvZm2jIAAAAJ
- Electric field induced switching of poly(ethylene glycol) terminated self-assembled monolayers: A parallel molecular dynamics simulation, Satyavani Vemparala, Rajiv K. Kalia, Aiichiro Nakano, Priya Vashishita,The Journal of Chemical Physics 121, 542, 2004.
- Characterization of Nonbiological Antimicrobial Polymers in Aqueous Solution and at Water-Lipid Interfaces from All-Atom Molecular Dynamics, Ivaylo Ivanov, Satyavani Vemparala, Vojislava Pophristic, Kenichi Kuroda, William F. DeGrado, J. Andrew McCammon, and Michael L. Klein, Journal of American Chemical Society 128, 1778, 2006.
- Ab Initio Calculations of Intramolecular Parameters for a Class of Arylamide Polymers, Satyavani Vemparala, Ivaylo Ivanov, Vojislava Pophristic, Katrin Spiegel, and Michael L. Klein, Journal of Computational Chemistry 27, 693,2006.
- Partitioning of Anesthetics into a Lipid Bilayer and their Interaction with Membrane-bound Peptide Bundles, Satyavani Vemparala, Leonor Saiz, Roderic G. Eckenhoff, and Michael L. Klein, Biophysical Journal 91, 2815, 2006.
- Computational studies on the interactions of inhalational anesthetics with proteins (Review Article), Satyavani Vemparala, Carmen Domene, Michael L, Klein, Accounts of Chemical Research 43, 103, 2010.
- Transient state fluctuation like relations for the driving force on a biomolecule, M. Ponmurugan, Satyavani Vemparala, Physical Review E (Rapid Communications) 84, 060101, 2011.
- Partitioning of ethanol in multi-component membranes: effects on membrane structure, Anirban Polley, Satyavani Vemparala, Chemistry and Physics of Lipids 166, 1, 2013.
- Interaction of multiple biomimetic antimicrobial polymers with model bacterial membranes , Upayan Baul, Kenichi Kuroda, Satyavani Vemparala, The Journal of Chemical Physics 141, 084902, 2014.
- Effect of simple solutes on the long range dipolar correlations in liquid water, Upayan Baul, J. Maruthi Pradeep Kanth, Ramesh Anishetty, Satyavani Vemparala, The Journal of Chemical Physics 144, 104502, 2016.
- Mechanism of chain collapse of strongly charged polyelectrolytes, Anvy Moly Tom, Satyavani Vemparala, R. Rajesh and Nikolai V. Brilliantov, Physical Review Letters, 117,147801, 2016.
- Synthetic random copolymers as a molecular platform to mimic host-defense antimicrobial peptides, Haruko Takahashi, Gregory Caputo, Satyavani Vemparala, Kenichi Kuroda, Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2017.