- Cell-Membrane Active Polymers
- Dynamical and Structural Properties of Water
- Globular and Membrane Proteins
- MSc University of Hyderabad
- PhD Louisiana State University
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Pennsylvania
- Faculty, IMSc, 2006-Present
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Protein Structure
- Statistical Mechanics
- Simulation Techniques in Biology
For Full Publication List: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=DvZm2jIAAAAJ
- Characterization of Nonbiological Antimicrobial Polymers in Aqueous Solution and at Water-Lipid Interfaces from All-Atom Molecular Dynamics, Ivaylo Ivanov, Satyavani Vemparala, Vojislava Pophristic, Kenichi Kuroda, William F. DeGrado, J. Andrew McCammon, and Michael L. Klein, Journal of American Chemical Society 128, 1778, 2006.
- Ab Initio Calculations of Intramolecular Parameters for a Class of Arylamide Polymers, Satyavani Vemparala, Ivaylo Ivanov, Vojislava Pophristic, Katrin Spiegel, and Michael L. Klein, Journal of Computational Chemistry 27, 693,2006.
- Partitioning of Anesthetics into a Lipid Bilayer and their Interaction with Membrane-bound Peptide Bundles, Satyavani Vemparala, Leonor Saiz, Roderic G. Eckenhoff, and Michael L. Klein, Biophysical Journal 91, 2815, 2006.
- Computational studies on the interactions of inhalational anesthetics with proteins, Satyavani Vemparala, Carmen Domene, Michael L, Klein, Accounts of Chemical Research 43, 103, 2010.
- Transient state fluctuation like relations for the driving force on a biomolecule, M. Ponmurugan, Satyavani Vemparala, Physical Review E (Rapid Communications) 84, 060101, 2011.
- Partitioning of ethanol in multi-component membranes: effects on membrane structure, Anirban Polley, Satyavani Vemparala, Chemistry and Physics of Lipids 166, 1, 2013.
- Interaction of multiple biomimetic antimicrobial polymers with model bacterial membranes , Upayan Baul, Kenichi Kuroda, Satyavani Vemparala, The Journal of Chemical Physics 141, 084902, 2014.
- Effect of simple solutes on the long range dipolar correlations in liquid water, Upayan Baul, J. Maruthi Pradeep Kanth, Ramesh Anishetty, Satyavani Vemparala, The Journal of Chemical Physics 144, 104502, 2016.
- Mechanism of chain collapse of strongly charged polyelectrolytes, Anvy Moly Tom, Satyavani Vemparala, R. Rajesh and Nikolai V. Brilliantov, Physical Review Letters, 117,147801, 2016.
- Synthetic random copolymers as a molecular platform to mimic host-defense antimicrobial peptides, Haruko Takahashi, Gregory Caputo, Satyavani Vemparala, Kenichi Kuroda, Bioconjugate Chemistry, 28,1340, 2017.
- "Phosphorylation promotes binding affinity of Rap-Raf complex by allosteric modulation of switch loop dynamics", Devanand T, Prasanna Venkatraman, Satyavani Vemparala, Scientific Reports, 8, 12976, 2018.
- "Aggregation dynamics of charged peptides in water: effect of salt concentration", Susmita Ghosh, Devanand T, Upayan Baul Satyavani Vemparala, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 151, 074901,2019.
- "Towards designing globular antimicrobial peptide mimics: role of polar functional groups in biomimetic ternary antimicrobial polymers", Garima Rani, Kenichi Kuroda, Satyavani Vemparala, Soft Matter, 17, 2090 2021.
- "Effect of Cholesterol on Membrane Partitioning Dynamics of Hepatitis A Virus-2B peptide", Samapan Sikdar, Manidipa Banerjee, Satyavani Vemparala, Soft Matter, 17, 7963, 2021.