The Institute welcomes applications for Post-doctoral fellowships in all areas of mathematics, particularly in those of interest to the Mathematics faculty. The areas of interest broadly speaking are: Number theory, algebraic geometry, partial differential equations, operator algebras, subfactors, non-commutative geometry, Schroedinger and Jacobi operators, representation theory and topology. More details can be found in individual faculty homepages.
A PhD in Mathematics. At the time of appointment the applicant should have submitted his/her doctoral thesis. (It is not essential that the thesis should have been defended, so long as it has been submitted.)
How to Apply
Applications may be sent either by email, fax or by post to the Director, IMSc (contact information appears at the end of this page).
The application should contain
- CV including a list of publications (if any) and
- covering letter (with your contact details such as phone number, email address, and postal address, whenever available, and where you can be contacted a few months later).
- You should clearly mention that you are applying for a PDF (“Post Doctoral Fellow”) position in Mathematics.
- Please arrange for at least two, preferably three, reference letters from persons familiar with your research work, to be sent directly to the Director (by email/fax/post).
Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement (by email if you have provided your email address).
- March 01
- July 01
- November 01.
Selection Procedure (updated August 2015)
The post-doctoral committee meets thrice a year (in mid March, July and November) to evaluate applications. Applications may be submitted anytime during the year, but will be taken up for consideration at the next possible meeting. Please ensure your application is complete (i.e., your CV, covering letter and all reference letters have been received by us) before the appropriate deadline (for example, to be considered during the March meeting, your application should be complete on or before March 1, etc).
The selection decisions will be communicated to all applicants by March 31, July 31 and November 30 respectively.
You may feel free to send an email to pdfm AT imsc.res.in if you do not hear from us after these dates. In the unlikely event that there is still no response, you may contact any member of the math faculty, preferably someone whose interests closely match yours.
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
C.I.T. Campus, Taramani
Chennai 600 113, India
- Phone: +91-44-2254-3200
- Fax: +91-44-2254-1586
- E-mail: director AT imsc DOT res DOT in