- Representation theory of groups and algebras
- Flag varieties and Schubert varieties
- M. S. (Physics, 5-year integrated), Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, 1985
- Ph. D. (Mathematics), Purdue University, West Lafayetter, Indiana, USA, 1991, (thesis in commutative algebra under Craig Huneke)
- Research Visiting Assistant Professor, Michigan State University, 1991--93
- Faculty, Chennai Mathematical Institute, 1993--2001
- Faculty, The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, 2001--present
- Lie algebras and their representations, Aug--Nov, 2016
- Topology I (core course), Aug--Nov, 2015
- Algebra II (core course), Jan--Apr, 2014
- (with B. Ravinder and Sankaran Viswanath) On Chari-Loktev bases for local Weyl modules in type A, https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.01191
- (with Pampa Paul and Parameswaran Sankaran) Borel–de Siebenthal discrete series and associated holomorphic discrete series. Journal of Lie Theory 24 (2014) no.2, 475–501.
- (with Preena Samuel and K. V. Subrahmanyam) RSK bases and Kazhdan-Lusztig cells. Annales de l'Institut Fourier (Grenoble) 62 (2012), no. 2, 525–569.
- (with V. Lakshmibai) Standard monomial theory. Invariant theoretic approach. Encyclopedia of Mathematical Sciences, 137 Invariant Theory and Algebraic Transformation Groups, 8. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2008. xiv+265 pp. ISBN: 978-3-540-76756-5.
- (with Shyamashree Upadhyay) Initial ideals of tangent cones to Schubert varieties in orthogonal Grassmannians. Journal of Combinatorial Theory Series A 116 (2009) no. 3, 663--683.
(with V. Lakshmibai, Parameswaran Sankaran, and P. Shukla) Standard monomial bases, moduli spaces of vector bundles, and invariant theory. Transformation Groups 11 (2006) no. 4, 673–704.