I am a quantum physicst working broadly in the area of Quantum Information and Quantum Computation
Current affiliations :
Research group at IMSc
- Faculty member (2015 - ), The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, India
- Affiliate Member (2017 - ), Institute For Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Adjunct Faculty (2020 -), Instrumentation and Applied Physics, Indian Institute of Sciences, Bengaluru.
works on some of the theoretical aspects
of quantum information, quantum simulation and quantum computation and research group at IISc
works on some of the experimental aspects
of photon based quantum information processing and quantum optics.
Research interest of our group are broadly in the area of Quantum Information and Quantum Computation
with particular interest in topics related to :
- Quantum algorithms and quantum simulations on near term quantum hardware
- Protocols for digital quantum simulations
- Quantum Algorithms : Quantum walks and quantum cellular automata
- Quantum communication and quantum networks
- Relativistic quantum physics and particle physics using qubits
- Open quantum systems
Scholarships / Fellowships
2015 -2020 (availed only research grants)
Department of Science &
Technology, Government of India
and Ophelia Lazaridis Fellowship - 2007-2009
Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Canada
2002-2005; University of Oxford, UK
completed my B.Sc from National College (Jayanagar) Bangalore, India.
In 2002, I moved to University
of Oxford, UK on Rhodes Scholarship. At Oxford, I
worked on experimental Bose-Einstein condensates for slightly over two years in Ultra-cold
quantum matter group(Prof.
C. J. Foot’s group), Clarendon Laboratory. While at Oxford, my interest towards theoretical aspects of
quantum information theory and quantum computing lead me to Waterloo,
Canada which houses Institute
for Quantum Computing and Perimeter
Institute for Theoretical Physics. At Waterloo, I worked
under the guidelines of Prof.
R. Laflamme and completed my Ph.D in the year 2009.