I am a quantum physicst working broadly in the area of Quantum Information and Quantum Computation. My current affiliations,
- Faculty member (2015 - ), The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai, India
- Affiliate Member (2017 - ), Institute For Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Adjunct Faculty (2020 -), Instrumentation and Applied Physics, Indian Institute of Sciences, Bengaluru.
If you are interested in
CONTRACT BASED SCIENTIST, POST DOCTORAL and PROJECT ASSISTANT positions to work with us on a new EXPERIMENTAL QUANTUM OPTICS AND QUANTUM INFORMATION PROCESSING project at IISc, Bengaluru and have any queries, drop an email to me.
Research interest of our group are broadly in the area of Quantum Information and Quantum Computation
with particular interest in topics related to :
- Quantum algorithms and quantum simulations on near term quantum hardware
- Protocols for digital quantum simulations
- Quantum Algorithms : Quantum walks and quantum cellular automata
- Quantum communication and quantum networks
- Relativistic quantum physics and particle physics using qubits
- Open quantum systems
- Quantum many body systems, ultracold atoms(BECs) and quantum phase transitions
Scholarships / Fellowships
2015 -2020 (availing only research grants)
Department of Science &
Technology, Government of India
and Ophelia Lazaridis Fellowship - 2007-2009
Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Canada
2002-2005; University of Oxford, UK
completed my B.Sc from National College (Jayanagar) Bangalore, India.
In 2002, I moved to University
of Oxford, UK on Rhodes Scholarship. At Oxford, I
worked on experimental Bose-Einstein condensates for slightly over two years in Ultra-cold
quantum matter group(Prof.
C. J. Foot’s group), Clarendon Laboratory. While at Oxford, my interest towards theoretical aspects of
quantum information theory and quantum computing lead me to Waterloo,
Canada which houses Institute
for Quantum Computing and Perimeter
Institute for Theoretical Physics. At Waterloo, I worked
under the guidelines of Prof.
R. Laflamme and completed my Ph.D in the year 2009.