I am a faculty member in the theoretical physics unit of The Institute of Mathematical Sciences. Recently, I have also been inducted as an Affiliate Member of the Institute For Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Canada.
Primary research interest of our group are broadly in the area of Quantum Information Sciences
with particular interest in topics related to :
- Quantum Information and Quantum Simulations
- Quantum Algorithms : Quantum walks and quantum cellular automata
- Relativistic quantum physics and particle physics using qubits
- Quantum open systems
- Quantum many body systems, ultracold atoms(BECs) and quantum phase transitions
- Quantum Mechanics -1 : Graduate Course - August 2015 -December 2015
- Quantum Information and Quantum Computation : Elective - January 2016 -May 2016
- Quantum Mechanics -1 : (jointly with S. Ghosh) - August 2015 -December 2016
- Quantum Information and Quantum Computation : Elective - January 2017 -May 2017
Scholarships / Fellowships
2015 -2020 (availing only research grants)
Department of Science &
Technology, Government of India
and Ophelia Lazaridis Fellowship - 2007-2009
Quantum Computing, Waterloo, Canada
2002-2005; University of Oxford, UK
completed my B.Sc from National College (Jayanagar) Bangalore, India.
In 2002, I moved to University
of Oxford, UK on Rhodes Scholarship. At Oxford, I
worked on experimental Bose-Einstein condensates in Ultra-cold
quantum matter group(Prof.
C. J. Foot’s group), Clarendon Laboratory. While at Oxford, my interest towards theoretical aspects of
quantum information theory and quantum computing lead me to Waterloo,
Canada which houses Institute
for Quantum Computing and Perimeter
Institute for Theoretical Physics. At Waterloo, I worked
under the guidelines of Prof.
R. Laflamme and completed my Ph.D in the year 2009.