Complex Analysis 2018
13:30am-1:00pm, Mondays and Wednesdays (until 22nd November 2018), Room 217.
Mondays and Wednesdays, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
Digjoy Paul, room 121 (office hours: Wednesdays and Fridays, 4:00pm-5:00pm)
Complex Analysis, by Elias M. Stein and Rami Shakarchi.
Complex Analysis, by Theodore W. Gamelin.
Theory of Complex Functions, by Reinhold Remmert.
Weekly assignment - 30%, Midsem - 30%, Final Exam - 40%
No marks will be awarded for late assignments
Midsem exam: September 25th, 9:30am-11:30am
Final exam: November 27th, 9:30am-11:30am
Prime Numbers and the Riemamm Hypothesis, by Barry Mazur and William Stein.
Analytic Combinatorics, Philippe Flajolet and Robert Sedgewick.
A Course in Arithmetic, Jean-Pierre Serre.
Topics in Analytic Number Theory, Hans Rademacher.
Modular Functions and Dirichlet Series in Number Theory, Tom M. Apostol.
The Hardy - Ramanujan Formula for the Partition Function by D. Surya Ramana.
Homework and Notes
- Discussion on 9th Aug, due on 13th Aug.
- Discussion on 17th Aug, due on 20th Aug.
- Due on 27th Aug.
- Discussion on 29th Aug, due on 3rd Sept.
- Discussion on 5th Sept, due on 10th Sept.
- Discussion on 17th Sept, due on 19th Sept.
- Due on 25th Sept.
- Due on 10th Oct.
- Due on 17th Oct; Class notes for 10th October.
- Class notes for 15th October.
- Due on 24th Oct; Class notes for 17th October.
- notes for 22nd October.
- Due on 5th November; notes for 29th October.
- notes for 31st October.
- Due on 19th Oct; Notes for 12 Nov
- notes for 14th November.
- notes for 19th November.