- About Us
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Theoretical Physics
- Computational Biology
- Quick Links
Visiting/Summer Student Programme
The Institute has a limited programme for highly motivated bachelor's and master's students interested in mathematics to visit the Institute. Selected students will have an opportunity to pursue advanced studies in areas of mathematics of interest to the faculty members. More information about the mathematical interests of the faculty is available here.
Students currently studying in their pre-final or final year of BSc/BE/BTech or first year MSc/ME/MTech or equivalent, with a good academic record are encouraged to apply.
Details of the Visiting/Summer Programme
- The duration of the programme can range from 3-8 weeks, and is to be decided based on the availability of the student and faculty mentor.
- Selected students will be paid 2nd class round trip train fare plus Rs. 200 per diem.
- Every effort will be made to provide accommodation, subject to availability.
- As accommodation is limited, it may not be provided for local students.
- The programme is typically held in the summer, but in exceptional cases, the visit can be scheduled at other times, depending on the convenience of the student and faculty member.
How to apply:
Please email the faculty member you are interested in working with. Your email should include a brief resume describing your background (courses taken etc), your mathematical interests, and what you wish to work on during the summer. Your application should be received by the end of February to receive full consideration for that summer. Selected students will be informed sometime in March.