- About Us
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Theoretical Physics
- Computational Biology
- Quick Links
Post Doctoral Positions
Post-doctoral fellowships in the following areas of Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science and Theoretical Physics are available. The fellowships are normally for one year, but can be extended by up to an additional year.
* MATHEMATICS: See here.
* COMPUTER SCIENCE: concurrency, logic, algorithms, complexity theory, automata theory
* CONDENSED MATTER PHYSICS: high-Tc super-conductivity, fractional quantum Hall effect, quantum dots, quantum magnetism, liquid He_4, anyons/fractional/anomalous/q statistics, classical clusters, Bose-Einstein condensation, chemisorption and electron dynamics at metal-vacuum and electro-chemical interfaces, phases of vortex matter.
* STATISTICAL MECHANICS: Glassy dynamics, crystallization, non-equilibrium statistical mechanics, fracture and flow in disordered systems, random and frustrated spin systems, martensites, flux-lattice melting, bio-membranes, molecular motors; A growing general interest in biology related problems.
* NONLINEAR DYNAMICS: Chaos - classical and quantum, chaos control and synchronization, chaotic computers, solitary waves and solitons, geometrical aspects, applications to low-dimensional spin systems.
* HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS: Neutrino physics, CP-violation, particle phenomenology, QCD, confinement, quantum field theory, string theory, quantum gravity.
* MATHEMATICAL PHYSICS: Group theory, quantum groups, non-commutative geometry.
* QUANTUM OPTICS
QUALIFICATIONS: A PhD in Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science or Theoretical Physics with research work done in an appropriate area.
WHEN ARE SELECTIONS MADE: Selections will be made in February and September every year. For Mathematics see here.
SALARY: Starting at Rs.12,500/- to 17,500/- (for experienced candidates). A furnished accommodation (including electricity and water) OR a 30% HRA and medical coverage will provided.
GENERAL INFORMATION: For information about IMSc. and the city of Chennai, please see http://www.imsc.res.in/
CONTACT: Those interested in the position should send a CV and a possible starting date to the address below, by e-mail, fax or air mail. Please ask (three) referees to write directly to:
The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
C. I. T. Campus
Chennai 600 113